COVID-19 UPDATED VERSION
Our cancellation Policy is outlined below. Please read the entire policy carefully and don't hesitate to Contact Us if you have any questions that are not answered here.
Any student who does not inform the front office that they will be missing a session prior to its start time is considered a no-show. Refunds/reschedules will not be given for no-shows unless the student was ill or injured on the day of the session such that they could not communicate their cancellation.
Cancellation for COVID-Related Reasons
Any cancellation associated with COVID-19 will require that the student take a fourteen-day pause before resuming classes.
- Any student who is feeling unwell can cancel up to the start time of the session and receive a refund or reschedule credit for their spot in the session.
- Any student who is positive or presumed positive for COVID-19 can cancel up to the start time of session and receive a refund or reschedule credit for their spot in the session.
- Any student who has had recent person-to-person contact with someone (a) exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms or (b) diagnosed with COVID-19 can cancel up to the start time of the session and receive a refund or reschedule credit for their spot in the session.
- Any student who becomes uncomfortable with their COVID-19 exposure (they can no longer risk exposure at TSNY, they have had to increase risk of exposure in another area of life and do not wish to bring that risk to TSNY, they signed up for a workshop and decide that they aren’t comfortable with that after all, etc.) may cancel up to the start time of the session and receive a refund or reschedule credit(s) for the remainder of the workshop.
Cancellation for Other Reasons
A student who misses a session for non-health reasons (travel, scheduling conflicts, logistical difficulties) will not receive a refund or reschedule credit unless they contact the office to cancel within the time limits specified below OR their spot is filled by another student as specified below.
Regular Sessions (aka "Drop-In Sessions")
Most of our sessions will fall under this category. Flying trapeze, Silks, Static Trapeze, Trampoline and other Aerial sessions are all part of this designation.
With at least 72 Hours' Notice
• You may reschedule or receive a full refund.
Less than 72 Hours' Notice
• No refund and No Rescheduling, unless your spot is filled by another person.
Entire Session and Private Lessons
This applies to sessions, events, and parties where all the spaces are purchased by one individual or group.
3 Weeks' Notice
• Full refund.
Between 3 Weeks' and 7 Days
• 50% refund.
Less Than 1 Week
• No refund unless we are able to sell spots to other students, in which case you will be refunded based on the spots resold.
Workshops, Full-Day and Half-Day Programs
This policy applies to any of our workshops (for example IFW, mini-IFW, aerial, trampoline, acro workshops) and our full- and half-day Circus Experiences. A workshop generally consists of a series of 4 -10 sessions and will always be listed as "workshop" on the schedule. The full-day and half-day Circus Experiences are generally held on school and/or federal holidays.
• No refunds unless spots are filled by another student for the length of the program (e.g., all sessions of a workshop).
NOTE: If you know in advance that you will be missing one or more sessions of a workshop, please contact the office promptly. If you plan to miss more than two sessions, we encourage you to consider waiting for the next round of workshops.
Camps typically run as week-long full-day or half-day sessions during school breaks and pre-registration is highly recommended. Space is limited and our cancellation policies are strict to ensure the best experience for each student.
30 Days' Notice
• Full refund.
Between 29 Days and 7 Days
• 50% refund.
Less Than 7 Days
• No refund unless your spot is filled by another student.
It has been our experience that nobody wants their session cancelled, so we will always do our best to run sessions and workshops whenever possible. There are times however, when weather or other circumstances beyond our control that may cause us to cancel or reschedule a session. In these instances please remember we will always have our students best interest in mind. As there are numerous factors that go into cancelling a session, we will post session status updates at most two-hours prior to the session start time and encourage our students to review the Daily Update section of our homepage where information regarding session status can be when the weather appears to be questionable. You are also encouraged to contact our front office to speak with an associate who will be able to assist you further and answer any questions you may have. Since dealing with question weather conditions is not an easy task, we ask that our students be patient with us while we decide whether or not to cancel a session.
If We Cancel
TSNY will always do our best to run sessions or workshops whenever possible. There are times however, when weather or other circumstances beyond our control cause us to end a session early, cancel, or reschedule it. In these circumstances please remember we will always have our students’ best interest in mind.
- Full refund if the session is canceled entirely or within the first half.
- 50% refund if the session is canceled during the third quarter.
- No refund if the session is canceled during the final quarter.